"Praise for the medical team of Hazewood Ward"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I was admitted through A & E , then overnight on AMU.I was transferred to Hazelwood Ward where I spent 5 days being wonderfully cared for by the Nursing Team and the Doctors. This medical team was Nominated by myself for the Proud to Care Award Scheme, with a Staff Nurse being Nominated for Nurse of the Month. Alas, my team did not win but I want them to be recognised in some way The whole time, from a wonderful Paramedic who took me to A & E, through to my Discharge. I was met with kindness, efficiency and a tremendous amount of support. Hazelwood staff, from the Consultant, Registrar and all the nurses, HCA's, Houskeeepers, the Cleaners and The Rev, I felt so wonderfully supported.The food, well, congratulations and I hope you liked my little notes to you! Foreign nurses ... well lets keep them! Their English is better than mine! Of course our own nurses are wonderful too.As an Ex Auxilliary Nurse at Redhill General & ESH , I was impressed by everything. I am looking forward to my next stay within the next 2 months [hopefully} Thankyou.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Denise

kind regards

Tasha

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Denise It was lovely to get your comments and read about the care you received in A&E, AMU and Hazelwood ward - I know the staff will be really pleased to hear how well supported and cared for you felt. Our catering department has been working very hard recently, improving both the variety and recipes on our menus and I will make sure your great feedback is also passed on to them. kind regards Tasha Gardner Communications Manager Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust