"Thank you to the staff for the care during the death of my father"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

I'd like to say thank you to the staff of Hairmyres who would have worked on my dad when he arrived at the hospital. Sadly he didnt make it. Thank you though.

I'd also like to say a huge thank you to the rapid response medics and the ambulance crew who was there with him whist he was alive up until he started to deteriorate. Thank you for working on him and just being with him so he didn't die on his own.

Bless you all.

Response from David Hume, Director of Hospital Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear A Downie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this at what is an extremely difficult time for you and your family.

Please accept my most sincere condolences on the death of your father.

I will ensure that all of the staff involved in the A and E department at Hairmyres are made aware of your very kind comments.

Kind Regards

David

Response from Daniel Quee, Communications Assistant, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear A Downie,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, on behalf of my colleagues at the Scottish Ambulance Service I'd like to offer our sincere condolences.

It is very kind of you to get in touch and I will of course pass on your comments to our General Manager for the West Central Division, Daniel Rankin. Our staff truly do appreciate it when the families of our patients get in touch to provide feedback and I'm sure the teams involved will be very thankful.

Kind Regards,