"Reassuring care from skin clinic"

About: Torbay Hospital / Dermatology

Mysterious mark on my skin of my face, I have had operations to remove sun damage spots but this looked very different.

I reported in to my GP who sent me to the hospital. I went to the hospital and arrived 5 minutes early. I went straight in to see the dermatologist who was able to set my mind to rest immediately - he also gave me a general check up. He was very courteous and understanding. I can't tell you how much we appreciate the NHS especially in Torbay 10/10

It appears he came from London for the day.

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments. We are really pleased that the care and treatment you received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.

Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Jo Curtis, Patient Engagement Lead, Engagement Team, South Devon and Torbay CCG

Dear jazzman,

Many thanks for your honest and encouraging comments and for taking the time to post them on Patient Opinion. You might be interested to know that we are currently asking people a few specific questions about how they have found dermatology services. We will make a note of your comments here, but if you would like to add anything via the survey it will help us to understand what our patients want from these services, what works and what doesn’t, and how we can make these services better.

We are particularly interested in how patients manage their conditions in partnership with their GP or other health professionals, including physiotherapists and hospital specialists.

You can take the survey here: http://southdevonandtorbayccg.nhs.uk/index.php/2012-05-05-21-22-02/latest-news/283-havve-you-had-treatment-for-your-bones-joints-or-skin

Thank you again for your comments.