"A+E"

About: Salford Royal

I attended A+E in the evening following two days of abdominal pain. Having tried other treatments this really was a last resort, being an A+E nurse myself (albeit at another trust). I waited 45 minutes to be greeted by a grumpy triage nurse who asked me very little about my condition and nothing about my medical history, despite being in pain I was offered paracetamol, regardless that I had already had that in the last four hours and had already told the nurse I had tried stronger drugs to no avail. Following this I was referred to the out of hours GP. Hardly helpful seeing as the most they could do was recommend the drugs that I had already tried and hadn't worked, leaving me with the only option of suffering at home and trying my own GP the next day. This is not the place to go if you would like help with any degree of empathy.

Response from Salford Royal

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. I am sorry you were dissatisfied with the care received in the Emergency Department, if you were to email our PALS team (pals@srft.nhs.uk) we can arrange for a senior nurse from Emergency Medicine to contact you.