"I get a message that they are ‘on training’"

About: Devon Access and Referral Team (DART)

(as a service user),

I’ve been trying and trying to get through to make an appointment at the hospital though the DART system but all I get is a message that they are ‘on training’!

I tried calling the hospital itself and was put through to the Gynecological clinic but even that was an answerphone.

So frustrating.

Response from Gemma Smith, Project Support Manager - Devon Referral Support Services, Devon Access & Referral Team (DART)

Dear “Sun251”

I am very sorry that you were unable to get through and book your appointment with us and can understand your frustration.

We like to ensure that our staff are up to date with the current guidelines and training so that they are best suited to their job role. We try and keep training sessions as quick as possible so that the delay is not extended unnecessarily, however sometimes this is not possible.

I would like to make sure that you have now managed to contact us and book your appointment, if you would like to contact me on 01626 883712 (I work 9-5, Monday to Friday) with your Unique Booking reference Number I will be able to check this with you.