"I write to compliment the professionalism of the whole team"

About: Worcestershire Royal Hospital / Urology

I write to compliment the professionalism of the whole team in the Urology, X-ray and Endoscopy departments. I am normally in very good health but following a "well man" examination by my GP I was referred to have my internal "waterworks" examined using Cystoscopy.

I was naturally apprehensive about an internal examination by using a flexible camera inserted into my penis and then through into my bladder.

I was treated with kindness and respect by the staff in all three departments each of whom took the time to assist and explain what I was about to go through. I was treated with dignity at all times. All of my questions were answered in a straightforward way and I was even talked through the images being displayed from the camera.

May I therefore compliment the whole team for their excellent treatment this afternoon. Thankfully nothing was found that needed further medical intervention. Well done Worcestershire Royal.

Response from Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments, and we are very pleased to hear about your positive experience; please accept our apologies for the extended delay in this acknowledgement; if you require anything further, please contact our Patient Services Department at PatientServices.Dept@Worcsacute.nhs.uk