"The care and attention I received was amazing"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Gynaecology

I had a planned Laparotomy on the in early March for a huge ovarian cyst removal at New East Surrey Hospital and I have nothing but praise for all the medical staff on Brockham Ward.

The care and attention I received was amazing. The staff are dedicated, professional and even though they are very busy, always make time for a smile and a chat.

I received excellent care from Miss Jermy and her team and the nurses on the ward couldn't have done more to help me, ensuring I was comfortable at all times.. The nursing staff and doctors took the time to ensure I was well enough to physically cope at home, before discharging me 7 days later.

I am now recovering well at home thank you.

Response from Bill Kilvington, Assistant Director for Women and Children's, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear J Crawley

Thank you for taking the time to post this message, it is always appreciated when a patient tells us their experience and just as important to know when things went well as it is to know when we could have done better.

I will ensure Miss Jermy and the nursing team receive your kind comments and I wish you a speedy recovery

Update posted by J Crawley (the patient)

Thank you my operation was on the 3rd March and I could not have been in better hands:)