"A pleasant and efficient clinic"

About: Heavitree Hospital

I attended the 'see and treat' skin clinic. I did struggle a bit to find it but once I was there was made very welcome by a friendly receptionist. The waiting area is freshly decorated and pleasant. I was seen within 5 minutes of my appointment time. I don't know whether staff realise how important that is for anyone feeling nervous as I was. I was shown into a pleasant and clean individual room. How nice not to be in a cubicle. I was asked to undress and put on a gown and the Dr arrived soon after. He was pleasant and introduced himself and made eye contact. He had my notes and was able to refer to a previous dermatology treatment. He immediately reassured me that he did not think my lesion was skin cancer and was able to confirm this after a closer examination. He checked other moles and skin lesions at the same time and gave me advice about these. This left me feeling reassured that I had had a thorough check up. I used the loos while I was there and these were clean and smart. All in all I was greatly impressed by the see and treat dermatology set- up at Heavitree and would feel happy to recommend it. I was of course greatly relieved to have avoided the 'treat' element!

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Hazel

Thank you for sharing your story and for your lovley comments. It is always so rewarding to hear that the RD&E is continuing to provide excellent care to patients when they need it most.

Tracy