"The excellent care that mum received"

About: Colchester General Hospital / Older people's healthcare

In late March my mum was admitted to Tiptree Ward after coming to hospital after a collapse. I would like to thank all the staff on Tiptree ward for the excellent care that mum received. I would especially like to thank the Spanish nurse who's name escapes me for her outstanding communication skills and her interest in my concerns re mums well being. I was kept informed about mum at all times and felt very involved in her care. Mum was discharged after 5 days. Although not a 100%, she is improving hourly. Thank you again Tiptree Ward.

Response from Paul Searle, Head of Communications, Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive from our patients, their relatives or carers.

We have a quarterly At Our Best Awards scheme which recognises staff achievements and thanks them for what they do. It has a team category, an individual and a volunteer category.

You could enter the team/the person you were kind enough to write in about, by clicking here! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/At_Our_Best_Awards

Could you also email the Colchester Gazette and ask them to publish a letter? Email is: gazette.letters@nqe.com

Lastly, we ask people like you who support our hospital to show that support by becoming a member. Sign up here: http://bit.ly/1c0LPjY

You’ll get our Mainstream magazine four times a year for free!

And don’t forget, you could follow us on Twitter or “Like” us on our Facebook Pages.

Many thanks