"Cardiac Care"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I had a heart attack at work in January last year in Margate and was taken by ambulance to the William Harvey Hospital. I have been meaning to write and thank everyone involved in my treatment and recovery for some time, but wasn't sure where to start, and have only just discovered this option for leaving reviews. I was assessed very quickly by the ambulance staff and a paramedic who arrived within 5-10 minutes of my colleagues making a 999 call and was then transported to William Harvey where a theatre team was waiting for me. A stent was inserted and I was then transferred to the cardiac ward. During my stay I saw a cardiac rehabilitation nurse and after leaving I attended cardiac recovery classes. I am now feeling fully recovered, and am grateful for the professionalism, care and dedication shown by all throughout my treatment. There is nothing I could fault. I even enjoyed my food on the ward! Thank you.

Dear MArk, thank you very much for your feedback which will be very much appreciated by staff working in the cardiology service? Staff work really hard to provide person centred, safe and effective care with kindness and a smile. I am very glad that you enjoyed the food, I will make sure our catering service see this too.

best wishes for your continued recovery, and thank you again.