"St Helier missed appointment"

About: St Helier Hospital

I would not recommend this hospital. I needed an x-ray appointment but St Helier could not fit me in. St Helier asked if I would mind going to Epsom so I agreed to 21st March at 17.30 at Epsom. On 21st March I rang Epsom at about 3pm to confirm the appointment before setting off from my office in central London. Epsom told me that the appointment had been booked for 10am and I had missed it. I rang St Helier and spoke to a nurse who I'd spoken to previously. They confirmed that a different nurse had booked a 10am appointment, had written 10am on my file but told me the appointment was at 17.30. They quickly arranged a new appointment which I was grateful for but it meant more time away from work. I met the other nurse at the appointment and she offered no apology. I'm not really experienced with hospitals and I just trusted that St Helier would be efficient. I've since been told that there are loads of horror stories about St Helier and I should have insisted on being referred to St George's.

Response from St Helier Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that you seem to have been misinformed about your appointment times, and will pass on your comments to the teams involved.