"Exceptional care"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

I went to my GP with an infected cyst on my back. The GP advised me to 'pop' to A and E for them to have a look at it and get it sorted. I was seen to very quickly but the quick trip actually led to me having surgery under a general anaesthetic. I was expecting them to give it a squeeze and a clean up! The care I received from the staff was excellent. The staff on Langtree ward were very caring and professional. The staff in A and E were totally professional, I have a major fear of needles and they really handled my fear and apprehension marvellously. The anaesthetist in the operating room was so cool and collected. I was seriously worried about going under the anaesthetic but she talked me through it all and put me at relative ease. I cannot speak highly enough about the nurses on Langtree ward. The care I received pre and post operation was beyond excellent. They ward was spotless and friendly. I hope I never go back but if I do, I would want to go back to that ward. I cannot find fault.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your most postive comments in respect of your recent treatment and care here at Royal Albert Edward Infirmary. It will be a pleasure to share these comments with the staff in the Division of Medicine and the Division of Surgery who I know will appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know of your experience.

Best Wishes