"Deserves some kudos"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

BVH gets a lot of stick, indeed they messed up some paperwork of mine once meaning I was waiting nearly 12 months longer than I should have done for an op. However, that was a long time ago, and more recently they have looked after my son really well. The doctor and his team are excellent, very efficient, caring and most importantly - they fixed my son up. Only bad news makes news and most of the good stories are never heard. I think they deserve a bit of a break.

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience of your care and treatment at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. I'll make sure your appreciation is shared with the staff.

I'm pleased that the team at our Women and Children's Unit supported your son well so that he made a speedy recovery. Your comment will be reassuring for other patients coming into our hospital, so thank you very much for your posting.

With best wishes for the future,

Paul Jebb