"My Stay in Tameside hospital"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I was admitted to Tameside hospital in March 2014 for a hip replacement, and everything went according to plan, the care and attention I received on the elective unit was excellent.

I found all the staff very helpful and efficient, and also the food was very good as was the cleanliness of the ward. My stay in Tameside hospital was a pleasant experience.

Many thanks to all the staff.

Response from Lindsay Stewart, Deputy Director of Nursing, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to ensure we are providing consistently good care.

We actively encourage patients and their families to provide true feedback in relation to their experience at Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust.

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at

john.goodenough@tgh.nhs.uk