"5 star Maternity care"

About: St Thomas' Hospital (London)

Having recently delivered my first child at St Thomas' I can't thank the antenatal, delivery and post natal staff enough. I can not fault the nursing staff (the post natal receptionist is another matter; the women working on the afternoon of 8/3/14 was extremely rude to patients, visitors and verging on disrespectful to our midwife) they were amazing, the continuity of care was fantastic. People in general are too quick to criticise our maternity services and you never hear enough people championing a great experience, which is exactly what I had. The facilities, rooms and clinics were spotlessly clean, modern and welcoming. A real breath of fresh air! I came away feeling elated and well cared for.

Response from St Thomas' Hospital

We were absolutely delighted to receive your positive feedback and will ensure it is shared with department staff. We were however, very sorry to hear about the postnatal receptionist on duty at the time and will ensure this is looked into. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@gstt.nhs.uk or by calling 0207188 8801 so we can investigate this matter further.