"Pleasantly surprised"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I was taken by ambulance to Bolton Royal A&E on the 3rd of February, I sent about 8 hours in A&E and was admitted to ward D2 and then moved to C3, in total I spent 8 days in the hospital, this was my second admission to this hospital in 2 years the first one was a very poor expereince to the point where I nearly discharged myself because of the lack of care and respect, however, this time I could not fault the care I received all staff were helpful and sympathetic and really helped me recover, one thing that did surprise and shock me was some of the verbal abuse that the staff had to put up with from some of the patients, how they put up with that on a regular basis is beyond me.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

We're very glad to hear that your recent experience was good and thank you for posting this. Yes, sometimes our staff do receive verbal abuse from patients. Sometimes patients' behaviour may be because of their condition or medication, but sometimes not. Either way it is not nice to be on the receiving end so thank you for pointing this out.