"I would like to say thank you, Hairmyres"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / General Surgery

Having been diagnosed with a hernia, I thought I was going to have a routine operation. At pre-op it was found that I had an irregular heartbeat, so that had to be corrected before I could be operated on.

I have had the 24 ECG monitor on a few times after changing my medication until last week when I was told my operation would go ahead. I had my hernia operation yesterday.

I saw many staff over this period of time and I felt the need to say that from the moment I first went to Hairmyres until I left after my operation yesterday how wonderful everyone has been to me from explaining all that was to happen to me until I shook hands with the surgeon when I went home. I would like to say thank you, Hairmyres.

Response from Rosemary Lyness, Executive Clinical Director, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear gra,

thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I will make sure that I share this with the nursing, technical, clerical and medical staff. I know they will be delighted to get this feedback.

I am delighted that the assessment that you received was thorough and picked up your heart problem, I hope that you recover from this and your hernia surgery without complication.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I wish you a speedy recovery.