"Appalling service"

About: North Middlesex Hospital

Nurses in the colposcopy unit are amazing, they made me feel very comfortable during the procedure, they are thoughtful and caring and an asset to the unit. As to the doctors it's a totally different story,I was not involved in the medical decisions , I was ignored when I asked the doctors about my condition and how advanced it was (quite advanced), despite having done several tests.I was also treated without knowing the full implications of the procedure. The service provided by the doctors is appalling and I would not recommend the clinic to anyone. There was no check up appointment to see how the wound healed and how successful the operation was. PS: Having gone private for my check up, I had to take antibiotics for a week as they found an infection.

Response from North Middlesex Hospital

Thanks very much for your kind comments about our colposcopy nurses which I will pass on. I'm sorry to hear you were less happy with our doctors. As clinical lead for the department I'd like to know more about it so I can help put it right. Would you be kind enough to send an email to me (abiodun.fakokunde@nhs.net), so we can discuss it further? Many thanks. Abiodun Fakokunde.