"The hospital should be extremely proud of itself!"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / Dental

(as a parent/guardian),

I would like to tell you about my son’s recent experience at Forth Valley Hospital. He is 34 years old, has cerebral palsy, confined to a wheelchair and is profoundly mentally handicapped. Having only one functional lung, as you can realise, as I was extremely nervous about him undergoing a general anaesthetic. I needed not to worry!

From start to finish the nurses, ophthalmic doctor, dentists and anaesthetic put us completely at ease! They were extremely caring – took me the time before and after to explain the procedure, even allowing my son to take his comforter “keys” with him.

Having heard as many bad reports about the hospital – I simply couldn’t fault the care! Second to none – the hospital should be extremely proud of itself! !

I am not usually the kind of person to put pen to paper but on this occasion, I simply had to recognise the excellent care.

Response from Arlian Mallis, Person Centred Health and Care Co-ordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about the care you and your son recieved, It must have been a very anxious time.. I hope your son is doing well. Its good to hear when we do everything well.