"Solihull accident and emergency"

About: Solihull Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

My husband and I took our 5 week old baby son to A&E at Solihull hospital with a temp and a rash. In my opinion the way we were treated was disgraceful. The nurses we met were unwelcoming and the doctor didn't have a clue what he was doing they put my son through hell trying to take blood, they covered him with blood after trying and didn't clean him up they caused him a lot of upset and distress the doctor got an anaesthetist down to help and even he didn't have a clue! I will never set foot back in that hospital again and I am making a complaint!

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear MrsTreeRGreen

Thank you for your email to Patient Opinion. I am sorry you have cause for concern about the care and treatment your baby son received today. Clearly we need to investigate these matters thoroughly and I will ask the Emergency Department staff to start this process.

Could I please ask for you to contact me on 0121 424 0808 or email me at iona.belgrove@heartofengland.nhs.uk, so I that I can gain more information?

With kind regards and a speedy recovery to your baby boy

Iona