"My experience of using the outpatients department"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Rheumatology

I was surprised to be weighed and have my height measured in the waiting area in front of everyone else waiting without even a privacy screen.

I encountered a receptionist, healthcare assistant, doctor and phlebotomist during my visit. All were friendly and kind but only the doctor introduced themselves. Is the "Hello, my name is..." campaign being implemented?

I was horrified to find there was a lack of privacy when I was called into the room for my blood test. Three of us patients sitting watching each other having our blood taken! Not even a privacy screen or curtain!

Response from Garry East, Assistant Director for Clinical Support Services, Clinical Support Services, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Anna123,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to read that your recent experience did not meet expectations. Could you email me directly with your details? That way I can fully investigate these issues for you and where appropriate, implement changes in order to improve the patients experience and patient privacy issues.

We are currently redesigning the area where bloods are taken with a view to make improvements over the coming months.

My email address is Garry.East@sash.nhs.uk or you can contact me directly on 01737 768511 Ext 2193.

Kind regards,