"My childs well being"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My child was admitted to childrens ward through a and e with really bad skin condition which was infected.

My child is only 2 years old and is really suffering with the condition all I wanted was for them to help relieve discomfort, but the response I got from the doctor in charge was... what do you want me to do its Friday?

In the end I left the hospital after a promise of a referral appointment to dermatology by Monday. No one contacted me back and when I tried to chase the appointment up the appointment had not been made despite me having it in writing on the discharge notice.

Response from Lindsay Stewart, Deputy Director of Nursing, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience, Stephen McLaughlin Divisional Manager for Children’s service has been made aware of the clinical care and support related to your child’s hospital visit.

Stephen is revisiting the discharge information and appointments and is personally monitoring the arrangements around a dermatology review

Stephen can be contacted on 922 5256 if you wish to discuss this in more personal detail.

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

‘’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing