"Cardiac care and treatment"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Accident & Emergency Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Cardiology

Subsequent to suffering a heart attack a few years ago I have been a volunteer on the Public Partnership Forum (PPF) and had involvement on a number of NHS Dumfries and Galloway Committees. I am familiar with the ethos of Patient Centred Care.

Recently I attended A&E, Dumfries Infirmary with a pain in my chest. I subsequently had care and treatment in A&E; X Ray Dept; the assessment unit in Ward 7; Ward 7 and with the cardiac nurses and Doctor prior to discharge a day later.

During my short stay I was absolutely delighted to find that all the staff in the various departments and the ward were following the standards of Patient Centred Care. Communication was excellent and I was kept well informed and involved in my care and treatment. Food was of a very good standard.

I was particularly impressed by the Senior Charge Nurse in Ward 7 who displayed a hands on role in the Ward on Sunday and during my stay there. She certainly went the extra mile and is a very worthy ambassador for NHS Dumfries and Galloway. Well done!

Response from Michaela Cannon, Patient Feedback and Complaints Co-ordinator, Patient Services, NHS Dumfries & Galloway

Dear W 211,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted you had an excellent care experience during your in-patient stay in Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary.

I have forwarded your comments to the staff concerned as I know they will appreciate your kind words. We are indeed fortunate to have such a committed and dedicated staff within NHS Dumfries and Galloway and it is always heartening for staff to receive such positive feedback.

If you have any further comments or improvements that you would like to suggest please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes