"Excellent treatment received thank you"

About: East Surrey Hospital

In July 2011 I had a cataract operation. Unfortunately things did not go smoothly as hoped although I do not blame the operating staff. The immediate follow up care I received (which included further eye surgery) was exceptionally good. I even had access to medical advice, either in person or by telephone, 24/7 which was very reassuring particularly during the first few hours and days after surgery. Later I was seen regularly in the eye clinic before being signed off - other than ongoing regular visits to the contact lens clinic. I would like to thank the staff for their care of me during my time as a patient in the department. Everyone I met was friendly, helpful and reassuring. My thanks also go to the contact lens department. Without the expertise of everyone who has treated me I would not have the sight I have in my eye today and therefore would not be able to do the things I do quite so easily. Thank You!

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Susan

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.

kind regards

Tasha

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Susan Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. Although things did not go as well as you had hoped back in 2011 it's lovely to hear how happy you were with your follow up care and by the reassurance and treatment given to you by our staff. I will make sure you kind words are passed on to them. kind regards Tasha Gardner Communications Manager Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust