"Colon Cancer Screening"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I have written a letter or sincere thanks to the Colonoscopy team at the QEQM and cannot praise these people highly enough. Before the appointment I underwent a thorough explanation as to how the procedure was to be carried out and the pros and cons of it. The male nurse who sat and listened to both my fears and questions was easy going, extremely informative and put me at ease. I had the colonoscopy last week and was really uneasy at the prospect of this procedure as I knew it was both uncomfortable and painful, (I endured a Barium enema in the Royal London a few years back, bad memories of that place). I can honestly say the team were not only very professional but they put me at ease by chatting away to me and I to them, during the procedure. It is not a nice procedure but when you have a caring and committed team putting you through it you are grateful for their kindness and the quality of care you receive and boy, did I receive it. Wonderful place. I have been here a few times and can only rate it as 100%. A big thank you to the staff and others who maintain this establishment!

Thank you so much for you feedback and kind words about the staff and service you experienced. I am glad we were able to put you at your ease during a stressful situation for you. We are very proud of of our staff who try hard to provide an efficient and professional service with care and compassion. I do hope you are recovering well.