"Not recommendable at all"

About: North Manchester General Hospital

When I was in the first stages of labour I was sent home and later developed complications as the Midwifes were aware I needed antibiotics due to urinary infections however was given them late and my son was then taken to the neonatal I was shifted to the ward and no staff was available to take me to see him I ended up going with my partner when he returned to the hospital 4 hours later. When I was ready for discharge one midwife said everything was ready and we'd be leaving soon however than when her shift ended the 2nd said the same and it wasn't till the 3rd midwife came did she sort the paperwork out very displeased that we were told everything was ready at 11-30 and didn't get discharged until 8-30pm. Also don't know why my partner was unable to stay with me when my son was in the neonatal department.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comment regarding your visit to the Maternity Unit at North Manchester General Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager.