"Kindness and understanding probably saved my life"

About: Guernsey House

I fully appreciate the need, especially in these modern times of Government austerity. I first used Guernsey in December 2002. From a tiny waiting room at the back of the building, that measure 8ft x 8ft, my personal key worker at that time was Mark and also another member of staff called Louise.

Both these incredible people are still here in March 2014. I believe loyalty to a very difficult job speaks volumes about Mark and Louise, who have helped hundreds of people transform their lives.

Finally, can I just mention Dr Gaynor Radley, who not only oversaw my drug use reduction plan, but her kindness and understanding probably saved my life after my beloved sick father’s death. A true inspiration.

Response from Ayesha Heaton, Service Manager, Guernsey House

Thank you so much for sharing such a personal account of your experience of our service. It makes us very happy to hear that you feel you have had good support from us. I will make sure that Louise, Mark and Gaynor all see your wonderful feedback.

Thank you for taking time to use Patient Opinion - it is very much appreciated.

Response from Debbie Fletcher, Patient Partnership, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Service User

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments regarding Guernsey House.

Staff always welcome positive feedback such as yours. Thank you again

Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator