"Cardiac arrest emergency"

About: Harefield Hospital

My father had a cardiac arrest whilst at home and under the guidance of the paramedic we were taken to harefield. Although over an hour away from home there was no local hospital that could do the procedure needed but it was worth every minute of that journey! It's a fantastic hospital , they put in 2 stents and then he was moved to oak ward. A ward full of staff that were happy in their work and that was passed on to the patients. My father returned 5 weeks later to have 2 more stents put in and spent his time on cherry tree ward and again a full of happy staff . All in all a fantastic hospital full of expertise and very very clean and happy staff at a time that was very upsetting and emotional for us as a family. My father would also like to thank everyone for doing an amazing job and saving his life and giving him this opportunity to say so.

Response from Harefield Hospital

Thank you for sharing these comments. We’re very pleased to hear that your father had such a good experience at Harefield, despite the circumstances. We will pass on his thanks and your comments to the people involved – they really appreciate great feedback like this. Best wishes to you and your father.