"Was treated appallingly"

I visited comet ward for an iron infusion and to be honest I found the nursing staff rude, unhelpful and uncaring. I told the nurse that I was feeling unwell during the infusion but he ignored me, after I returned home I ended up having a severe reaction to the treatment. I left the ward in tears as I was made to feel as if I was wasting there time. I dread having to return to the ward for any future treatments. This is not the way you expect to be treated in hospital by staff whose job is to care, and really isn't what you need when you already feel very unwell.

Response from Nick Fairclough, Head of Marketing, Communications & Intelligence, Sussex Community NHS Trust

It is always disappointing to read that people have had a poor experience of NHS care. However, it is important to say that the service you refer to at Comet ward is provided by Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust and not by Sussex Community NHS Trust.

I am sure they would want to hear from you on 01737 768 511 so they could review what might have happened here.

Response from Clermont Child Protection Unit

I’m sorry that you are unhappy about the service you received. And I’m sorry to add as well that the service you were using is not provided by Sussex Community NHS Trust. A number of NHS organisations provide care at Crawley Hospital and it sounds like in this case that your care was provided by a Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (SASH). You might want to contact the advice & liaison team at SASH on: Telephone: 01737 231958 / 01293 600399 Email: pals@sash.nhs.uk Write to: PALS at East Surrey Hospital, Canada Avenue, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 5RH.