"Good experience in A and E and Ocelot ward"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital / Accident and emergency Medway Maritime Hospital / Gynaecology

I was rushed to A&E by ambulance with suspected meningitis apparently. The staff and doctor (Wiliams) I believe we're terrific I was there from 10pm til when they found a bed about 1am which to me seemed very good bearing in mind how over populated this area is and having one hospital to cope with major ailments and ailments that really should not even be there wasting valuable time.

They could only find a bed in the gynaecological ward Ocelot, what treatment, they were all brilliant to me...test after test after test. I watched the way some people treat these nurses and I cringe with shame, they will treat you well just don't think they are there just for your beck n call! ! One week later I'm sent home feeling so much better AND they all said goodbye to me, I felt quite tearful....I may have been in the wrong ward but thank you for putting me there.

Response from Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive feedback.

I was pleased to read that you were assessed and treated in a timely manner by the staff in the A and E team and then went on to Ocelot ward where the treatment and staff caring for you was brilliant. Providing an excellent patient experience is at the heart of all that we do, ensuring that we exceed patient expectation in a caring and respecting environment.

I will ensure your comments are passed to the relevant staff teams.