"Barclay ward, nottingham city hospital"

About: City Hospital campus

I was in Barclay ward following VATS surgery in January. I cannot thank the surgeon and the ward team enough for the care that I got, from the brilliant nurse when I was in HDU to the cleaners and ward hostesses. Everyone worked well together and the ward ran very well. My only criticism was the noise level at night even with ear plugs, but I do understand that the patient group on the ward was not usual at that time. The surgeon is a brilliant surgeon and would recommend him to anyone needing thoracic surgery. I have made a brilliant recovery and much of that is down to the ward team. I work in the NHS and know that we don't get positive feedback very much and felt that I needed to give the surgeon and ward my thanks.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for all your kind words. We are glad that you had a positive experience at our hospital. Thank you too for raising the issue of noise at night; your understanding of the particular situation at that time is appreciated, but we are also aware that this is an ongoing issue on some wards and we are looking at all possible methods to help keep noise to a minimum. We will pass your wonderful comments and feedback on to our colleagues on Barclay ward, we are sure they will appreciate them.