"Taw Ward - Coronary Care"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Almost two years ago I had severe chest pains on exertion which resulted in diagnosis, requiring urgent angioplasty. Everything was carefully explained to me and the treatment and after-care was first-class. I can honestly say that two years on my angioplasty has transformed my life - no more breathlessness, no more chest pains and I've been able to resume my passion for cycling. In fact, I would say my heart is now possibly stronger than it was before! One of my cycling friends is a little jealous as he jokingly commented that he would like me to have a 'reversal' procedure! So 10 out of 10 for the Cardiology department at RD&E and some old-fashioned advice for for everyone who has had an angiogram - eat sensibly and exercise regularly!

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for sharing you story and for the lovely comments. It is always so rewarding to hear that the RD&E are continuing to provide excellent care to patients when they need it most. Kind regards Tracy

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Tom