"My stay in inpatients"

About: South London And Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust / Inpatient mental health care

At first it was very disturbing hearing that I was in a mental hospital, it really made me panic, I was worried. After a while I could see my whereabouts and it was then I realised how beautiful the hospital was.

The complete medical team are so good. We had so many classes, psychology classes, cookery and art classes, a prayer room a library and a beautiful dining room.

Response from Bill Berry, Patient Experience Manager, Patient Public Involvement Team Organisation and Community Directorate, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Dear FO1

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience of using one of our services and I'm pleased it was a positive one. Being admitted to a psychiatirc hospital can be a scary experience as people have all sorts of preconceived ideas about what might happen.

It would be great to be able to pass on your positive comments to the team involved so if would be great if you could let me know what ward you were admiited to. You can do this online, here. Alternalively you can contact me directly.

Bill Berry