"Mum collapsed - amazing paramedic response"

About: Bristol Royal Infirmary / Accident and emergency South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

On Saturday 8th March my Mum collapsed complaining of chest pains and lost consciousness. She was over visiting from France and we were extremely worried. I phoned 111 and within 10 minutes we had Steve, a fast response car paramedic, who arrived and quickly calmed the situation.

He was absolutely amazing, reassuring both my parents and me. He spent nearly an hour doing full assessment and then escorted us to the A&E department. Taking the time to explain everything that was happening really ensured we were all confident and calmer. My parents couldn't get over how excellent Steve was and how great the full service from both him and the 111 team and the a&e staff was. Really impressed and grateful.

Dear Bexterdexter

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope your mum is feeling better, and is making a good recovery.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients, and their families, when we are needed most.

I would like to be able to pass your kind comments on to the members of staff who helped your mum. In order to do this I will need to know the date of the incident and the address that the ambulance attended. Could you please contact me, at your convenience, at laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk?

Response from Bristol Royal Infirmary

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience.