"Bowel Cancer Treatment"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer in July 2012 - most successfully operated on by the surgeon and his team shortly after. I was very lucky and required neither a stoma nor any further treatment - just 6/12 monthly scans and endoscopies - now to 3 yearly examinations. I have just had my latest scan and endoscopy by the surgeon - who advised me that they are clear - he always advises me verbally immediately I see him of my results and I have, today, received written confirmation from him. It is my pleasure and honour to be treated by him - I could not ask for better. I cannot speak too highly of my past, present and on going treatment, all the relevant staff, cleanliness and efficiency. My sincere thanks to all. Kevin McLoughlin 10/3/2014

Response from Maxine May, Communications Officer, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Kevin

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. I am so pleased to read that your scan and endoscopy results are clear and this must give you such a great sense of relief.

Good, clear information is so important and as such it is good to read that this has been delivered in a timely and effective manner.

I will pass on your message to the teams concerned - I am sure they will be delighted to read all of your kind words.

Maxine May