"Great care"

About: Warwick Hospital

I have Crohn's disease and I am currently awaiting an operation for recurrent episodes of small bowel obstruction in London where I live and work. However, whilst visiting the Hilton Warwick for a course I was running I went into bowel obstruction again. I was in agony, vomiting and away from home - accompanied by my wife and 11 month daughter. I was brought to Warwick Hospital where my treatment continued under the surgeons and was placed in a side room on Willoughby Ward. I was looked after by both Sisters who were wonderful and so kind and caring. I was feeling so fed up being away from home, and away from my wife and daughter, that their caring and fantastic bedside manner helped me get through a very traumatic day. I am a Gastroenterologist in London and realise in the NHS that you only ever hear the negative things. Therefore I wanted to tell you that these NHS workers were excellent and want them to be recognised for this in some way and them receive this message at the very least. I am sure they will remember me albeit I was at Warwick Hospital for only a short time!

Response from Warwick Hospital

Thank you very much for sharing these kind comments, I will pass them on to the team on Willoughby Ward.