"Parking fine when my blue badge was displayed"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital / Paediatrics

My great grandson was rushed to hospital with suspected meningitis.

My car is registered with the hospital blue badge scheme.

My car was in for its service and they gave me a loan car so I received a parking fine when my blue badge was displayed.

Dear Jimmy,

I am sorry to hear that your great grandson has been unwell - I can appreciate how anxious you must have been with a suspected diagnosis of meningitis - I do hope he is well on the mend now and that he received all the care and attention he needed in emergency care.

I am also very sorry that you have had the frustration of receiving a fine despite access to free parking via the blue badge scheme.

I would really like to resolve this matter for you and also ensure your blue badge status is registered within the system should you need to attend the hospital in the future.

Please do get in touch with me directly at annie.laverty@nhct.nhs.uk so that I can help.

With best wishes, Annie

• jimmy1234 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Dear Jimmy,

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Just to update you that the outcome of this. The Trust has made an important change and reached an agreement which will result in the termination of the management contract with Parking Eye on all Northumbria premises.

I hope this provides you with some assurance of our determination to listen and respond to the needs of our patients and the local people we serve.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

With all best wishes,

Annie

• jimmy1234 thinks this response is helpful

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam I do hope that your great grandson is feeling better now. I can only imagine frightening that must have been to rush in with a suspected diagnosis of meningitis. I am so sorry that you have received a parking fine in these circumstances. I understand that you do have a blue badge and that you did display this on the day. I would be really grateful if you could contact me at Joanne.mackintosh@northumbria-healthcare.nhs.uk as I would like to help if I can. Best Wishes Jo