"Laser treatment"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Unexpectedly diagnosed with narrow angle glaucoma I was referred for laser treatment. All went to plan and I can't fault my consultant's skill, reassurance, exceptionally pleasant manner and the courtesy of his dept. Being a layman with regards to laser treatment I was concerned at the complete lack of information given prior to the procedure and the difficulty in obtaining it. Nothing was given at my original consultation in Folkestone and nothing arrived with the appointment letter. It took hours and great deal of patience to get through to the ophthalmology dept where I was told a leaflet would be sent out, nothing arrived. Another phone marathon ensued and that resulted in my being told by a snippy and ( as she told me in no uncertain terms) extremely busy secretary that she didn't know if anything was available anyway and I would just have to wait until my appointment to find out what to expect. Great! Reader, a leaflet arrived four days after treatment!

Thank you for providing us with feedback, I am glad that the treatment went well. I was sorry to read that you did not receive any information about the procedure and what to expect prior to your visit. I will take this back to the department so that they are aware of the distress this caused you.

We do value feedback so that we can review our processes to help us to improve.