"A short visit to hospital"

About: New Cross Hospital

My mother was admitted to hospital, and her experience was very dissatisfying. She has problems eating on her own and the most difficulty she has is getting into bed and using the toilet. No one ( except the odd one) would give her a hand. Some even told her to get into bed or use the toilet on her own which she is unable too. Her experience was very distressing. The other issue which is still confusing to me is that the chart by her bed said this person needs the following attention and all four items were ticked yet all those on duty did not bother to take note! What is the point then to have these big signs if no one bothers taking note! Meals times were even a big issue, food was placed in front on the patient and not long after it was collected long before the patient could even eat a little of it. My view is that those who do not have sympathy for the sick should not be working here. Please my request is for the administration to look at what's going on in the wards. Even the other patients in her ward were having difficulty getting any attention. As for the nurse call button no one even pays attention to this when the patient rings. My mother rang this on many occasions without getting attention. She was even more distressed when she saw the other patients ring for the nurse and no one comes and they keep ringing and crying as no one comes. ( It's pointless them coming after 1/2 hour or more later). Please do something about this. Theses are elderly people who need the care and attention.

Response from Jamie Emery, Patient Experience Lead, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

Kindest regards

Response from New Cross Hospital

I was sorry to read your comments relating to your mother's care and treatment at our hospital. To enable me to look further into this for you, I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362. Kindest regards Jamie Emery Patient Experience Lead