"I guess what the sessions have done is given me back some control"

About: Inclusion Matters Liverpool

I have been receiving CBT since July 2013, and it has been a very positive experience whilst at the same time difficult. But I feel that I have been given the tools to carry on towards hopefully a full recovery.

The CBT – or talking therapies, made me think about a lot of things. The accident had I guess opened a Pandora’s box of emotions, and the CBT helped me make sense of them and give me an understanding of what was happening to me, both physically and emotionally.

I was offered prescription drugs to help deal with my symptoms but this was not what I want an was referred to IM – firstly for counselling and then it was decided the talking therapies maybe more beneficial – and I believe they have been.

I guess what the sessions have done is given me back some control – I still have a lot of sweating for no apparent reason at times, but I can identify with them and use some of the skills developed to help me and my anxiety and stress.

I can only say from my person experience it has been very beneficial and would like to thank the therapist for his patience and support throughout the sessions.

Response from Tracey Murden, Inclusion Matters

I am very pleased that you have had a positive experience with Inclusion Matters and have found CBT helpful. I am happy that you have been able to make sense of what was happening to you and that you now feel more in control.

Best wishes in your continuous recovery