"A hospital at war with itself"

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I have been attending Kings Rheumatology for 8 months. In that time they have left me in considerably and unnecessary pain 5 times. I have repeatedly had drug prescription unfulfilled and had to explain to my GP why the hospital is unable to provide my care. The reality is that my doctor is excellent, but the organisation staff and departments he interacts with act like we are the enemy. Getting prescriptions via the in hospital pharmacy can take hours, worse still they regularly don't get the does right, its correct about 1 in every 5 times. They will regularly fight about the contents of the prescription itself, sending me back to the doctor to get it clarified then only to find nothing needed changing it was perfectly clear its just a Pharmacy that seems out of touch with reality. Every department just seems to be at war with each other, having listened to many of the calls made between the departments I am horrified with how they treat me and my doctor. The wars results in terrible care. I have asked for transfer documentation to be drawn up, despite 8 months of putting up with it in the end a bad hospital is just bad and its never going to get better. I loose continuity of care but I will happily loose that if I can get a hospital that complete the basics like fulfilling a prescription.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

We are very sorry to hear that you are considering transferring your care to another centre. If you wished to contact our PALS service we could discuss whether you would wish us to liase between the Rheumatology and Pharmacy services to resolve the prescribing difficulties that you seem to have regularly experienced.