"Still waiting for an appointment after 17 months"

About: Hull Royal Infirmary

I was last seen at the eye hospital on the 4th October 2012. I have diabetic retinopathy in both eyes, severe in the left eye. My specialist wanted to see me again in 3 to 4 months. Here we are on the 5th March 2014 and still no appointment. I have checked with the appointments department, and I'm still on the waiting list. Sorry, but 17 months is not good enough, especially as my chronic condition could lead to blindness.

Response from Hull Royal Infirmary

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware. Please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk who will do all they can to obtain you an appointment. If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose. For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on telephone number (01482) 675165. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services. Kind regards, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.