"Ward 18 - replacement knee operation"

About: Bishop Auckland Hospital

This is a shining example of how the NHS should be run! Throughout my stay I felt valued and looked after. The staff on Ward 18 were patience personified, they were careful to answer all my questions, and also somehow found a little time to chat and put me at my ease. The cleanliness was outstanding, the cleaning seemingly done nearly single handed by a very thorough lady, every nook, cranny and crevice being cleaned most thoroughly. My knee was replaced the team were exemplary throughout. This is my second replacement knee, and after having had such a positive stay the first time around, this took away a lot of the stress. May I thank the whole staff on Ward 18 at Bishop Auckland Hospital for all their care, kindness and attention.

Response from Bishop Auckland Hospital

On behalf of Mrs. Sue Jacques Chief Executive, thank you very much for taking the time to write to the Trust, expressing your appreciation for the care you received from the Trust particularly from Ward 18 at Bishop Auckland Hospital. I will ensure that your kind comments are made known to the staff involved in your care. I know they will be pleased and encouraged by your very positive feedback. Thank you again for your letter and your very kind comments.