"Many thanks for your kindness and thoughtfulness"

About: Mansfield & Ashfield / Community nursing, Ashfield

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I would like to thank every one of the District Nurses who have visited me on a daily basis since December. When I came out of hospital I was still very dependent on my husband.

They were all happy and nice and certainly made me feel good even though I was sometimes low. Their good humour helped both myself and my husband to a good recovery.

On top of this they dressed my wound and helped keep it free from infection. It has now healed fully.Thank you. They also answered all my stupid questions.

My main worry was my 74 year old husband. He was always bright and cheerful during their visit but I knew that he was exhausted. He had been living on adrenaline and worry for weeks. He has bad angina that stress can cause and in my mind the driving to surgery along with difficulties parking, worrying about how far I could walk, how long I could sit was too much for him.

So a heartfelt thank you for also caring for him by continuing the home visits. He is still very tired, but he is OK and looking forward to the good weather.

Once again many thanks for your kindness and thoughtfulness.

Response from Jenny Newman, Digital Health Project Manager, Health Partnerships, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience with the community nursing service. Caring can be exhausting, and it is good to see we could care for both you and your husband. I will pass your comments on for the team to respond directly.

Response from Helen Hallam, Head of Service, Community Adult Services (Ashfield), County Health Partnerships

Many Thanks for your comments,and also the very lovely card you sent to the Team. it makes it all worth it, I am pleased that you and your husband received a good service from the Team, I will pass on your comments, as the team is very dedicated to deliver high quality care, and need to know that they are making a difference. Thankyou, once again.