"I was able to see the consultant some two months earlier than expected"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

I contacted TRAQS to see how my referral was progressing in order to determine what probably length of time I was likely to wait to see the oral consultant. I was pleasant surprised to be told that I could take an appointment the following week at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.

Whilst this may have been due to a cancellation this did mean that I was able to see the consultant some two months earlier than expected. I am grateful for this.

The alternative was to go to a hospital some 30 minutes away and 6 weeks hence.

My local hospital in Telford had no appointments available in their listings. My referral from GP to TRAQS was 12 days. Slower than I expected!

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for writing to TRAQS.

Whilst I am unable to comment on the delay in the referral to TRAQS by your GP, I am pleased to note that we were able to book you an appointment sooner than you may have expected. Although the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital involved some additional travel this is obviously preferable to experiencing a delay to be seen at the Princess Royal Hospital.

Thank you for your positive comments.