"The rudest nurse I've ever met."

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I didn't know I could leave a review until recently, so the events I describe relate to an incident last year. My mother was in E1 ward for a couple of weeks after breaking her arm. During that time I had the misfortune to come across the most unpleasant nurse and one of the most unpleasant people I have ever met. On more that one occasion she shouted loudly at a particular patient, telling her in no uncertain terms to either 'shut up' or 'shut your mouth'. When the same patient needed to go to the toilet the same nurse handled her extremely roughly. At no point did I ever see any professionalism in her behaviour; she was at best offhand and always walked round scowling. I once asked her if she had a pen I could borrow. She looked at me, took out her pen, showed it to me and said: 'I have my pen' and then walked off. What makes this even worse is that the other nurses on the ward knew of her behaviour (I once caught a few of them in huddle, discussing her behaviour) yet did nothing. Appalling

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

I am very concerned to read your comments about your expereince and would like the opportunity to investigate further, please would you email me the details so I can do this to PCS@stockport.nhs.uk or write to the Patient and Customer Services Department at the hospital.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

I am sorry to read your comments about Stepping Hill. Please contact the Patient and Customer Services department if you would like us to investigate further. You can write to us or email using PCS@stockport.nhs.uk.