"Excellent Care"

About: East Surrey Hospital

Since being diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2012, I have had excellent treatment and after care from ESH. The colorectal team are superb and I cannot thank them enough. I could not believe that this was the same NHS so often demonised and criticised in the press and media. If there is room for improvement it must be in communication, for whilst I was well treated, with such prompt appointments, never any waiting, the explanation of what was happening to me and regular updates were usually slow at best in coming. That said I would prefer to be treated first and worry about comms afterwards!

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Simon Humphreys

Ian

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Simon Humphreys Many thanks for posting such greet comments about the colorectal team in particular and the Trust in general. We're very proud of how much we've improved the services we provide in the last few years so its fantastic to see this being recognised by our patients. We know that at times we're not as good as communication as we should be and this is one of the most important elements of new a training programme we're just putting together in order to improve overall Patient Experience. We're always really keen to involve patients in developing our services so if you had any specific comments or issues you think we should look at please e-mail them to me at ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk and I will make sure they are included in how we design the programme. Kind regards Ian Mackenzie Director of Information and Facilities