"Visits to the Biometrics team at Dewsbury Health centre"

About: Locala Walk in Centre

In recent weeks I have made 2 visits to the Biometrics Dept at Dewsbury Health Centre. On both occasions I received very efficient service and am very pleased with the replacement insoles made for me there. I have to say that the reception from two members of staff was completely different and I would like to suggest that the second person I met, should be the role model for a good patient/ team member relationship. He greeted me with a "good morning" and introduced himself. This made all the difference. The previous visit I was called by name and never greeted or told the podiatrists name. It doesn't take much to make the patient feel as if you actually care or are interested in their problem. So thanks to James for treating me like a person.

Response from Paul Rhys-Vivian, Team Leader, Podiatry, Locala CIC We are preparing to make a change

We are sorry that you were treated differently by 2 different colleagues within our department. All clinicians are actively encouraged to introduce themselves whilst patients are being greeted to the clinic, I will remind all colleagues of the difference this makes to patients by sharing your feedback.

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback.