"First class service at A&E"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

My son and I were very impressed with the service we received at A&E on Saturday, 1 March 2013. The waiting times were very reasonable and we were in and out in under 2 hours, having seen a nurse and a doctor, had an X-ray, seen a doctor again and received treatment and crutches. The doctor who helped my 10 year old son was cheerful, kind and funny. He treated my son like a little grown-up, spoke directly to him, explained the X-ray to him and really made him laugh (even though my son was in a lot of pain), whilst being very professional and knowledgeable at all times. Despite the pain and the diagnosis of a fracture, we left the hospital on a high.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the service you received when you attended A&E at Maidstone Hospital with your son. We were very pleased to learn that your visit to the department went so well. We were particularly pleased to read that the doctor was able to put your son at such ease, despite the circumstances and that your overall experience was a positive one. We hope that your son recovers quickly from his injury and in the meantime, we will pass your feedback on to the A&E team. Kind regards, The PALS Team.