"Eye accident"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

On 14th April 2013 I experienced a very serious accident to my left eye which resulted in severe damage and total loss of sight. When I presented myself at the A&E Unit I was attended to very quickly. I was very soon in the care of a Doctor from the Ophthalmology Department who looked after me and arranged an emergency operation which was carried out by my Consultant at approximately 21.00 hrs this Sunday evening. I attended the Hospital for further operations and became a regular patient at the Eye Clinic until my Consultant discharged me on the 10th february 2014. At this point my eye was repaired and my sight fully restored. I consider that the quality of care I received from my Consultant and the Doctors and Nursing Staff in the Eye Ward and Eye Clinic, also the A&E Unit was of the highest standard. Thomas Dobson.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thanks for your comments. Hearing about positive experiences really motivates our staff, and helps us identify where we’re getting things right so we can share good practice across all of our services.